[CentOS] Backup Solutions based on Linux

Joshua Baker-LePain jlb17 at duke.edu
Thu Oct 20 18:58:14 UTC 2005

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 at 2:56pm, Joe Polk wrote

> I'm having particular issues running Veritas in my Windows environment. The
> agent just seems to baulk on some servers. I've looked into backup solutions
> running on Linux before but there doesn't seem to be much. Is anyone
> familiar with something that has Windows agents and yet managed by Linux?

Amanda will backup Win boxes via smbclient, and there's also a couple of
projects out there to run the amanda client natively on Windows (I think
via cygwin, but I'm not sure).  There are the usual issues with open files
and the like, but it works well enough.  <http://www.amanda.org>

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering