[CentOS] Which imapd?

Steve Bergman steve at rueb.com
Mon Oct 24 15:26:12 UTC 2005

Craig White wrote:

>----
>Really? Did you have some empirical evidence for this performance
>difference or was this a subjective conclusion by someone what
>apparently never got the m4 macro concept down?

Sounds like he hit a nerve.  Sendmail's config is, indeed, overly
complicated.  sendmail.cf is a total headache.  Yeah, people aren't
supposed to edit it directly, but somehow the word has not really gotten
out.

Of course, the mc's also deserve a place in the usability "Hall of
Shame" for their unreadability.  I mean, "dnl" is a perfectly logical
symbol to designate a comment, right?

My favorite quote about sendmail.cf?

"Most users' sendmail.cf comes from God, their OS distributor, and they
pray that it just works..."

Sincerely (and still using sendmail),
Steve Bergman