[CentOS] Backup Solutions based on Linux

William Warren hescominsoon at emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com
Mon Oct 24 17:41:02 UTC 2005

have you looked into microlite?  It's relatively inexpensive and even
supports rev drives.

Http://www.microlite.com

Joe Polk wrote:
> Lot's of good suggestions. I'm currently using Veritas 9.1 and it seems
> to stumble a lot. I'm backing up VoIP servers and having almost no
> success. Other servers will baulk at running the beagent as well which
> makes backing up tough.
>
> On 10/21/05, *Barry Brimer* <barry.brimer at bigfoot.com
> <mailto:barry.brimer at bigfoot.com>> wrote:
>
>     Quoting Joe Polk <listuser.jav at gmail.com
>     <mailto:listuser.jav at gmail.com>>:
>
>      > I'm having particular issues running Veritas in my Windows
>     environment. The
>      > agent just seems to baulk on some servers. I've looked into
>     backup solutions
>      > running on Linux before but there doesn't seem to be much. Is anyone
>      > familiar with something that has Windows agents and yet managed
>     by Linux?
>
>     I recommend Arkeia < http://www.arkeia.com>.  The server version is
>     developed on
>     Linux, for Linux.  They have full DR/BMR (for Linux currently, but
>     will have
>     Windows shortly) and it is fast and inexpensive.  It is free for
>     very small
>     networks.  I've used it previously with +100 Linux servers.  They
>     can backup
>     Windows and most everything else as well, but the server generally
>     runs on
>     Linux.
>
>     HTH,
>     Barry

My "Foundation" verse:
Isa 54:17  No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and
every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt
condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their
righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

-- carpe ductum -- "Grab the tape"
CDTT (Certified Duct Tape Technician)

Linux user #322099