[CentOS] Which imapd?

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Oct 25 12:30:25 UTC 2005

jean-sebastien Hubert wrote:
>>>Try to make in run on a non RHAS4 system:
>>why should I ?
> To get a proof that cyrus* is not so trivial to install/configure :)

you seem to miss the point completely, this is CentOS were talking about
- there are inherint benefits of running a stable consolidated distro,
one of which is that s/w on the distro works as expected.

I dont care if something does not work on some random setup. Were
talking centos here, like I said before, if its debian you want to talk
about - they have a bunch of mailing lists, please take your issue there.

>>It works fine on CentOS4. if you run some other distro, I am sure they
>>have mailing lists you can take your gripe to.
> Ok , so, If a software run fine on one or 2 distro, that mean "this
> software is easy to install, you're just too stupid" ???
> I repeat: I never try to install it on RHAS4 clone, so to me it was not
> so "easy".

You should try it then 8->

> Maybe, I will sure try it soon.

:)

> Thanks to not scorn Debian ... I thought that a free-software project
> like CentOS was a little more "open", like RH or Mandriva is.

I dont understand your point here, were talking about a set of pkgs that
are put together in a distro to work with the other components of the
distro. The guy who asked about what imapd to use on CentOS should not
really be concerned about or influenced by how the setups' are done and
the releative app acquisition and deployment process on debian ...

Would people say we've actually thrashed this issue out enough ? no
wait. Dont answer that :)

- K