[CentOS] centosplus kernel

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Oct 27 16:53:02 UTC 2005

Les Mikesell wrote:
>>If you want Fedora features, IMHO, it's best to rebuild from
>>the RHEL/CentOS kernel, patching in what you need --
>>sparringly -- from the Fedora kernels.  Yes, this is
>>involved.
>
> It's not so much 'fedora' features I want as it is a later
> kernel rev.  The www.linux1394.org site says that major
> changes were made in kernel 2.6.12, but I don't think it
> really works before 2.6.13 (and I'm not completely convinced
> there yet either...).  But, the current FC4 at least seems much
> better than any earlier 2.6 version.

I am not sure if much of that stuff is going to make it into EL4
codebase. It _might_ help if you could perhaps attempt a backport and
submit patches upstream.

Alternatively, if its possible to build some of this functionality into
byte sized rpm's - we could perhaps build and host in CentOSPlus. I dont
have the time to look at this at the moment, and I know Johnny and Pasi
are pretty busy as well. Would someone like to contribute ?

- K