[CentOS] USB Stick Install

Bards1888

bards1888 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 12:42:29 UTC 2005

Hello all,

    I'm looking at setting up a sort of 'appliance' server and as such
its really not going to have a lot packages etc. I thought of installing
4.2 on a 1gb USB stick, however, the stick is not even recongnized by
anaconda. It did appear when I did 'modprobe usb-storage.ko' as /dev/sdc
(i have already have 2 SATA disks which are sda, sdb). Then the disk
partitioner does not allow me to install on the USB stick, its not even
listed as an available drive. Does anyone have any redhat/centos
experience with this ? I've successfully managed to get OpenBSD and
Ubuntu to install and boot on exactly the same kit so there is nothing
wrong hardware wise. I might try and disconnect the SATA drives before
attempting the install to see if that make any difference.

Thanks.

Bards.