[CentOS] USB Stick Install

Bards1888 bards1888 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 13:22:48 UTC 2005

Les Mikesell wrote:

>On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 07:42, Bards1888 wrote:
>

>>    I'm looking at setting up a sort of 'appliance' server and as such
>>its really not going to have a lot packages etc.
>>

>Before you re-invent this particular wheel, you might want to
>check out the beta 7.x version of SME server at
>http://contribs.org/modules/phpwiki/index.php?Downloads
>which is based on Centos4.

Thanks for the link Les,

I'm set on Centos, no need for me to try SME, the main reason I like
Centos is mainly do to the fact that it 'feels' like RHEL. I dont
particularly want to step further away from RHEL towards SME.

Did you see my post from yesterday (titled 'Minimal Server Install')
where Johnny Hughes said he managed to get Centos 4 down to 550mb ?
Also, the tip from Ash Christopher to go here;

http://www.owlriver.com/tips/tiny-centos/

is fairly useful.

I was just providing a bit of background info by mentioning the reduced
number of packages. I'm now looking for some help with the USB stuff.

Cheers,

Brian.