[CentOS] Yum/Update anomolies: not a problem?

William L. Maltby

BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com
Fri Oct 28 14:50:11 UTC 2005

Today, got a wild hair and decided to check the update logs.

I don't know why I want to destroy my perfectly reasonable sense of
complacency at my advanced age... OOPS! Humor, sorry, retracted.

Anyway, after googling and reading about half the posts related to the
two sets of messages below, I have reached the tentative conclusion that
this is not a major problem. Is this assessment correct? If not, can
anyone point me to a reference that tells me how to correct it (them)?

TIA

================== BEG One of the errors ===================
[Wed Oct 26 17:48:45 2005] up2date availablePackageList from network
[Wed Oct 26 17:48:45 2005] up2date Unable to import repomd support so
repomd support will not be available
================== END One of the errors ===================

================== BEG Another of the errors ===================
[Fri Oct 28 09:26:07 2005] up2date   File "/usr/sbin/up2date", line
1265, in ?
    sys.exit(main() or 0)
   File "/usr/sbin/up2date", line 883, in main
    from up2date_client import gui
   File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/gui.py", line 28, in ?
    import gnome, gnome.ui
### NOTE: Message repeats at several later times, apparently for
### NOTE: different items
================== END Another of the errors ===================