[CentOS] Broken up2date & install from CD ?

Sam Drinkard

sam at wa4phy.net
Sun Oct 30 18:48:02 UTC 2005

I've run into some problems I can't explain.  I tried to install the
mysql package from the 4.1 CD's and the installer just sat there telling
me to insert the CD into the drive and click OK.  I did that, and it
just blinked once, then returned to the same thing.. hit the OK button,
etc., etc., again and again.  Wound up having to yum install the mysql
package which went OK afik.  Now, trying to run up2date for the latest
updates, and its hung on fetching the obsoletes list for channel
centos4-addons.  Will not go any further.  I had to remove DAG from the
repos, as every time I tried to fetch something, it bombed out, so don't
know if its my problem or somewhere else.

Hints??

Sam

--
Snowman