[CentOS] Moving the Home dir to new server

Matt Hyclak hyclak at math.ohiou.edu
Sat Sep 3 02:28:33 UTC 2005

On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 07:23:56PM -0700, Todd Cary enlightened us:
> Is there a rpm that can be installed via yum for nis?  In reading the
> HOWTO, some of the referred to components are present, yet others are not.
>
> Also, the port mapper is not running and I am not sure what man page
> addresses that.
>
> Any help/suggestions are appreciated.

You're looking for the yp* packages (Yellow Pages, changed to NIS to avoid
legal issues :-)

$ yum list "yp*"
yp-tools.x86_64                          2.8-7                  base
ypbind.x86_64                            3:1.17.2-3             base
ypserv.x86_64                            2.13-5                 base

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics