[CentOS] CentOS bootstrapper for chroot(2) environment

Jan Kratochvil lace at jankratochvil.net
Sat Sep 3 22:52:22 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 23:58:02 +0900, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> > Unattended install & run CentOS-4.1 just using chroot(1).
> > It requires rpm(1) based host OS and it was tested only on Fedora Core 4.
>
> But tell me, did you try the --installroot options
> for yum  as well ? building a chroot with that can be as simple as doing
> this :
>
> yum --installroot="/exports/chroots/c4-i386" groupinstall base

I was not aware of yum(8) --installroot, thanks.
It could simplify the installation if host OS is already CentOS. Otherwise
the script is more about bugs workarounds and they are not resolved by yum(8).

 * Missing CentOS yum(8) repositories in /etc/yum.repos.d/
 * Missing CentOS imported GPG key to use unchanged repositories configs.
 * Installing CentOS yum(8) by host OS FC4 rpm(8) makes rpm db incompatible.
 * /etc/fstab, /dev/* still need to be created by the script.
 (the list above is mostly the list of the command sets in the script)

And the chroot environment is already built so...

Thanks anyway,
Lace