[CentOS] Re: sshd ipv6 logging in CentOS4 -- IPv6 at the kernel parameter level

Maciej Żenczykowski maze at cela.pl
Sun Sep 4 18:48:41 UTC 2005

> Which makes me wonder if there is a way to disable all IPv6 setup.

That's why my solution removes the kernel modules responsible for ipv6 -
either by physically renaming/deleting the kernel module from the disk
drive (simplest, but doesn't hold over kernel change, and I wouldn't
recommend it) or by disabling the ipv6 modules in /etc/modules.conf or
/etc/modprobe.conf (can't remember which is the correct file for 2.6,
probably modprobe).

If you don't allow the module to load then obviously the kernel is
not-ipv6 enabled and nothing else will work (all scripts/programs and the
like determine they're running in a non-ipv6 environment and gracefully
fail or go back to default ipv4).

Cheers,
MaZe.