[CentOS] Postfix+sasl Outlook problem.

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Tue Sep 6 22:13:56 UTC 2005

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005, Dominik Skadanowski wrote:

>>> I have mail server on CentOS 4.1. Sasl authorization for SMTP is
>>> enabled. Thunderbird sends mail, but Outlook get an error 554,
>>> Relay access denied, error number 0x800CCC79
>>>
>>> Outlook has a login and password for SMTP enabled.
>>>
>>> It is strange, because there is no any sign of authorize in
>>> maillog when Outlook try to send mail.
>>
>> It's my experience that the most recent versions of Outlook (the
>> one bundled with MS Office) no longer handle TLS gracefully. I've
>> had to reconfigure Outlook to send with straight SSL over port 465.
>
> I have disabled TLS and still the same.

You disabled it where? On the client? On the server? Chances are,
there are tweaks necessary on both sides:

client -> use SSL and port 465
server -> open SSL-only (smtps) port 465

At this point, however, I'll have to let a real Postfix admin answer
questions...

--
Paul Heinlein <> heinlein at madboa.com <> www.madboa.com