[CentOS] Anyone running giFTui successfully on CentOS?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Sep 8 14:56:17 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 09:52 -0400, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 22:38 +0900, Dave Gutteridge wrote:
> > >Rebuild from SRPM.
> > >

> > I was advised that installing from anything other than Yum or prebuilt
> > RPMs would lead to system instability.
>
> Rebuilding from SRPM and building your own RPM are two additional
> options many don't consider worth mentioning because most people are
> incapable of carrying them out.
----
that of course is a generalization and an opinion. This also reflects
the state of Linux rpm packaging which is not entirely accessible to
Linux users.

I agree that a lot of people don't know how to do it. I don't know about
the 'most people' as I think people could actually do it if they knew
how and of course one of the more confusing things for people is fishing
out the finished RPM's from /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/arch

Craig