[CentOS] SCSI controller setup

Jason McCormick jason at devrandom.org
Fri Sep 9 18:57:00 UTC 2005

On Friday 09 September 2005 14:09, James B. Byrne wrote:

> My research to date indicates that the driver module for this
> device likely is one of:

> alias scsi_host_adapter <name used for install>

If you put the card in, the OS should detect it automatically and do the right
thing for you.  You then want to rebuild your initrd so the SCSI module is
loaded at startup.  However you are correct in that you want to use:

alias scsi_host_adapter aic7xxx

I'm guessing it's going to be the aic7xxx anyway.  To rebuild your ramdisk you
can (At minimum):

mkinitrd -f /boot/initrd-`uname -r`.img `uname -r`

When you install new kernels this will be done for you automatically.

-- Jason