[CentOS] Re: Why is yum not liked by some? -- CVS analogy (and why you're not getting it)

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 03:28:26 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-09 at 19:49, Craig White wrote:
> I never offered smartpm as any solution to any problem referenced in
> this discussion. I merely asked if he had used smartpm.

No I haven't.  I've had version-related problems with python
code not part of the distribution in the past and try to
avoid using it.   But as someone else mentioned, it would
probably make things worse by offering more options than
just installing the latest it finds in the repository which
I'd like to modify into the 'latest if not later-than'
some timestamp.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com