[users] Re: [CentOS] Yum issues with swatch

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Sun Sep 11 03:23:52 UTC 2005

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> Ed Morrison wrote:
> > A closer look at Dag's site doesn't show an rpm for el3:
> > swatch-3.1-1.0.rh7.dag.noarch.rpm
> > <http://dag.wieers.com/packages/swatch/swatch-3.1-1.0.rh7.dag.noarch.rpm>
> > Mon 02 Aug 2004     44 kB     Red Hat 7.X - noarch
> > swatch-3.1-1.0.rh8.dag.noarch.rpm
> > <http://dag.wieers.com/packages/swatch/swatch-3.1-1.0.rh8.dag.noarch.rpm>
> > Mon 02 Aug 2004     44 kB     Red Hat 8.0 - noarch
> > swatch-3.1-1.0.rh9.dag.noarch.rpm
> > <http://dag.wieers.com/packages/swatch/swatch-3.1-1.0.rh9.dag.noarch.rpm>
> > Mon 02 Aug 2004     45 kB     Red Hat 9 - noarch
> > swatch-3.1-1.1.fc1.dag.noarch.rpm
> > <http://dag.wieers.com/packages/swatch/swatch-3.1-1.1.fc1.dag.noarch.rpm>
> > Mon 02 Aug 2004     45 kB     Fedora Core 1 - noarch
> > swatch-3.1-1.1.fc2.dag.noarch.rpm
> > <http://dag.wieers.com/packages/swatch/swatch-3.1-1.1.fc2.dag.noarch.rpm>
> > Mon 02 Aug 2004     45 kB     Fedora Core 2 - noarch
> > swatch-3.1-1.1.fc3.rf.noarch.rpm
> > <http://dag.wieers.com/packages/swatch/swatch-3.1-1.1.fc3.rf.noarch.rpm> Wed
> > 17 Nov 2004     45 kB     Fedora Core 3 - noarch
> > swatch-3.1-1.2.el4.rf.noarch.rpm
> > <http://dag.wieers.com/packages/swatch/swatch-3.1-1.2.el4.rf.noarch.rpm> Tue
> > 22 Feb 2005     45 kB     Red Hat EL 4 - noarch
> > swatch-3.1-1.dag.src.rpm
> > <http://dag.wieers.com/packages/swatch/swatch-3.1-1.dag.src.rpm>     Mon 02
> > Aug 2004     33 kB     Source package
> > swatch.spec <http://dag.wieers.com/packages/swatch/swatch.spec>     Mon 02
> > Aug 2004     2 kB     SPEC file
>
> Go on, help out a bit.... Dag publishes buildlogs, there should be something
> there with a .el3. tag, look inside, see anything interesting ?
>
> Are there any other package depends creating issues ? can you locate those
> pkgs in either CentOS, RPMForge ? are there any version issues ? Has Dag ( or
> whoever is authority for that .spec file ) marked it as 'wontbuild' on el3 ?

The buildlog is very clear. swatch needs perl-Date-Calc, which comes with
every distribution by default except el3.

Solution: add perl-Date-Calc in RPMforge only for el3

Ed, you should really look at the buildlogs yourself if you want answers
to questions like this. You can come up with solutions yourself and maybe
even contribute a working perl-Date-Calc based on other perl module
packages.

Kind regards,