[CentOS] RPMs for CentOS

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Sun Sep 11 12:24:30 UTC 2005

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005, Gilles CHAUVIN wrote:

> On 9/11/05, Edward Diener <eddielee at tropicsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > When looking for RPMs for CentOS 4.1 outside of the yum CentOS repositories, do
> > I choose the version of a product which says for FC4, or what, if there is no
> > specific version mentioned for CentOS ?
>
> RHEL4 and, I guess, FC3 should work !
>
> See Dag's "el4" repo, there are a lot of RPM available there (even if
> some aren't very up to date).

Which ones are not up to date ? I follow freshmeat to now about new
releases, but not all developers announce releases on freshmeat. It's
impossible to visit 2000+ websites to see whether something has been
updated.

Update contributions are welcome too. If you know about an updated piece
of software that we package the best practice is to announce it yourself
on freshmeat. :)

Kind regards,