[CentOS] Does a list of compatible motherboards

Paul subsolar at subsolar.com
Sun Sep 11 21:57:54 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-11 at 14:31 -0700, Todd Cary wrote:
> Unfortunately RH only indicates assembled servers rather than
> motherboards.  Mine is assmbled by me and I would like to replace the
> motherboard with one that is compatible.

What issue where you having?

I looked at the the specs Intel 845PE and Highpoint HPT372 all should be
compatible with CentOS 4.1.  The RAID won't work on the HPT372 since
it's a "Fake RAID" controller (had one on a KT7-RAID that I used just as
IDE channels), but it should be recognized as just an extra IDE adapter.

Paul