[CentOS] The role of /.autorelabel

Todd Cary

todd at aristesoftware.com
Mon Sep 12 17:30:15 UTC 2005

I could not get vsftpd to start; kept getting the "vsftpd Dead Subsys
Locked" error.  On doing a Google search, I came across a fix (lost the
site unfortunately) and as I recall, it has something to do with copying
a file and having the incorrect SElinux settings (I have SElinux disabled).

The fix was to do a fixfiles, relabel (commands that I have never used)
or a touch of "/.autorelabel" and rebooting.

It worked, but I have no idea of what I did (my lack of in depth
knowledge of Linux).

Todd
**

--