[CentOS] New to the list and one quick question

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Tue Sep 13 12:39:15 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 22:30 -0500, cajun wrote:
> Thanks for the replies.  Sorry to get anything started.

People read too much into things all-the-time.
I just wanted to make sure you were aware.

> I should have been more clear up front.  I have been looking at FC
> for a while now and I knew that you could upgrade from RHL to FC, with
> little or no trouble.
> And I also knew that from RHL you can not do an upgrade to
> RHEL/CentOS.  I was looking at doing a fresh install from scratch even
> with FC.  From  some of the stories I have read, I figured a fresh
> install would be easier for me.

Although I've had no issues upgrading from Red Hat Linux 7.3 through
Fedora Core 3, if you're going to re-install, _definitely_ go CentOS for
the lifespan.  Fedora Legacy hasn't disappointed me yet, but as Greg
pointed out, Red Hat has _only guaranteed updates Red Hat Enterprise
Linux -- hence CentOS.

--
Bryan J. Smith     b.j.smith at ieee.org     http://thebs413.blogspot.com