[CentOS] mkfs.ext3 on a 9TB volume

William A. Mahaffey III wam at HiWAAY.net
Tue Sep 13 14:35:25 UTC 2005

Brian T. Brunner wrote:

>Add to your soap-box: the standard 'man' is disregarded, you are left to use (non-standard) info.
>
>There's a man -k call, I haven't found an info -k equivalent.
>
>Yes, there's a great calling for thankless man page writing in the *nix world.
>
>Brian Brunner
>brian.t.brunner at gai-tronics.com
>(610)796-5838

>Chris Mauritz wrote:
>
><snip>
>

>>Perhaps I'm just extremely lucky, but I've not run into this magic 1TB
>>barrier that I see bandied about here.  Heck, if you're willing to
>>roll the dice on Hitachi drives, you can get a terabyte these days
>>with just 2 hard disks in the array with RAID0 or 3 disks with RAID5.
>>Unfortunately, a lot of the documentation and FAQs are quite out of
>>date which can lead to some confusion.
>>

>Grrrrrrrrrrr, 1 of my *long time* complaints w/ Linux (any Linux,
>apparently) is that nobody bothers to keep
>man-pages/FAQS/other-documentation up to date. The cron(8) on my SuSE
>9.2 P4 is dated 1996 (!!!). I lay this at the feet of the distro folks
>myself, but none of them have taken it up :-) ....

I have tried to find tools to convert info pages to man, but no luck. I
*think* there are tex-to-man tools, but the tex data (from which info
documents normally come) isn't always installed .... The combination of
man & less is about the best text-based info system I could dream up. Oh
well ....

--
	William A. Mahaffey III
	Remember, ignorance is bliss, but