[CentOS] Integrating a Raid Driver
eddielee at tropicsoft.com
Tue Sep 13 18:56:46 UTC 2005
It appears that CentOS is having problems with my hard disks, which I have off
of an HPT 374 Raid controller but with no Raid stripes created, ie. I am just
using it as an IDE controller. There is the latest Linux open source for the HPT
374 on Highpoint's web site, which I have downladed. While I understand 'make'
and am a programmer myself, I understand nothing about the Linux kernel or
device drivers. My questions are:
1) How can I tell if and what support CentOS 4.1 and the 2.6 kernel has for the
HPT 374 ?
2) How do I install the kernel source package and building tools as the
instructions tell me to do ?
3) Anybody know what "cross-controller RAID" means ? There is a Make option for
turning it on.
4) Once the driver is loaded by using 'insmod', is it automatically loaded each
time I boot the system ?
5) Is there a good source, Internet or books, for these questions ?
I do not feel great about fiddling with the kernel and drivers but CentOS 4.1
does not work well with my hard disks and I am hoping by updating the system it
More information about the CentOS