[CentOS] CentOS and OpenICDL

Sean Wheller

sean at inwords.co.za
Tue Sep 13 22:02:48 UTC 2005

Hello,

Just wanting to introduce the CentOS community to the OpenICDL project in the
hope that we may be able to collaborate.

OpenICDL is an open source project that aims to develop and maintain a
Free/Open Source version of the training materials used to ready students for
the International Computer Driving License certification.

We are presently developing release 2.0 of the OpenICDL courseware
http://icdl.tsf.org.za/devcourseware.html

Module 2 is of particular interest to distros and desktops.

The first version of module 2 was written for MDK.
http://icdl.tsf.org.za/devcourses/mod2/mandrake/module2-all.html

Since then we have received a contribution for RedHat/Fedora
http://icdl.tsf.org.za/devcourses/mod2/redhat/module2-all.html

Another for Ubuntu.

If possible, we would like to extend the possibility to every distro to have a
version of module 2 that they can call their own. Since the RedHat/Fedora
version is nearly finished, the work to derive a CentOS version would not be
that large.

If you are interested, or have any ideas, I am interested in hearing from you.
Please discuss on centos at centos.org for now.

Thanks,

--
Sean Wheller