[CentOS] Why is yum not liked by some?

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Wed Sep 14 14:06:42 UTC 2005

Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu> wrote:
> Sounds like an opportunity for someone to write a local
> repo management app that can pick rsync repos to mirror,
> selectively freeze packages, and such.  This would be nice.

But _who_ decides to "freeze"?  I mean, that still does not
solve the problem of someone wanting an older revision of the
repository than even the "freeze."

Which is why I'm working on the simple hack to maintain all
prior createrepo runs, and add the small logic required to
support it on the YUM client.