[CentOS] Re: Why is yum not liked by some? -- new tanget: BS thinks everyone is "out to get him"

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Wed Sep 14 16:07:43 UTC 2005

Mike McCarty <mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Everyone who has actually done any real configuration
> management has said this exact thing several times in this
> thread, and it seems to do absolutely no good.

I only re-entered it to offer a larger, 3-tier
(Delta-Patch-Client) solution.  But even then, it doesn't
remove the fact that to do what you want, you still need to
maintain an _internal_ repository.

> This has been repeated until people are blue in the face,
> and it doesn't make a dent.

Well, the good news is that a new tangent is starting!

I'm anxiously awaiting to find out why I think everyone is
"out to get me."  Apparently when I say it would be nice for
someone else to get quoted (if not directly criticized) than
myself, it is taken as ...

  "BS thinks everyone is out to get him."

Sorry my pointing out the obviousness of the truth is being
taken as such.  When you're the _only_ person that seems to
get constantly questioned and _no_one_else_ involved does,
that tends to drive the concept that I'm the "scapegoat" in
people's eyes.

Even if it's subconscience and not deliberate by many, the
repeat, repeat and more REPEAT examples cannot deny that's
_exactly_ what happens.  There have been claims made on-list
and off-list -- both jokingly and serious -- that it is only
my presence on the list that these things happen.

Well, I can not post, unsubscribe and ... back when I was a
"lurker" (pre mid-April), they _still_ happened!

Sorry, the more people don't stop to realize that I am not
the only person in a thread, the more that gets "attributed"
to myself.  It's already happened a couple of times on this
list by a few people -- where a quote of someone else gets
attributed to myself, because people don't stop to realize
there are _other_ "negative/problematic/etc... posts" than
from myself.

I just want it to _stop_ -- even if it's not deliberate.  I'm
not letting illegal suggestions or even actual, illegally
acts attributed to myself because people aren't conscience
enough to realize it's not me stating or doing them -- that's
what has happened on a number of lists in the past because of
such "repeat/unicast assumptions/posts."