[CentOS] Re: Why is yum not liked by some? -- new tanget: BS thinks everyone is "out to get him"

Preston Crawford me at prestoncrawford.com
Wed Sep 14 16:57:43 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-14 at 09:47 -0700, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> Preston Crawford <me at prestoncrawford.com> wrote:
> > If this has happened in the past, ask yourself what the
> > common denominator is.
>
> Yes, that "select people" will attribute everything to me.

So on every list you're on, there are always "select people"? Are they
the same people? Because the first time I ever met you was on this list.
So I'm thinking the common denominator may be you.

> > Because I wasn't on those lists. Nor were most posters
> > here.
>
> Someone posted that he posts timebombs in programs and they
> go off if he doesn't get paid (and sends in the code to stop
> the timebomb).  That was attributed to myself, quite
> widespread, even though I didn't say it.

No idea what you're talking about.

> And when someone's server got hacked, several people told the
> FBI I did it.  I basically didn't sleep for several nights in
> fear of being raided and having all my equipment taken, given
> the circumstances involved.  Especially given the fact that
> my wife earns a chunk of her living teaching on-line.

Okay, once again, no idea what you're talking about. That sounds
terrible.

> It's the "use Bryan by default" -- even if subconscience,
> that I can_not_ tolerate to start.  It has cost me dearly in
> the past, because people do _exactly_ what you're doing.

But.... *sigh* don't you understand that for most of us things like you
mention above NEVER happen. So what's the common denominator again?

Preston