[CentOS] X11 forwarding

Sean O'Connell oconnell at soe.ucsd.edu
Wed Sep 14 18:27:14 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-14 at 13:10 -0500, Todd Reed wrote:
> Do I need an xserver running on my windows box?  That may be my problem.  If
> so, could someone suggest one.  I did a quick search and I found several
> that you have to pay for.
>
> --Todd

Yes. You need to running an X server. I believe that (gnu) cygwin has a
free version of XFree86/Xorg server that comes with it. I think there
was an ancient one by mix or something like that. Does your university
have any under site license? When I worked at Duke, they had a site
license for the X-win32 product from starnet (www.starnet.com).

--
Sean