[CentOS] CentOS + GFS + EtherDrive

Bowie Bailey

Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Wed Sep 14 20:43:18 UTC 2005

I am considering building a pair of storage servers that will be using
CentOS and GFS to share the storage from a Coraid (SATA+Raid) EtherDrive
shelf.  Has anyone else tried such a setup?

Is GFS stable enough to use in a production environment?

There is a build of GFS 6.1 at http://rpm.karan.org/el4/csgfs/.  Has anyone
used this?  Is it stable?

Will I run into any problems if I use CentOS 3.5 with it's GFS package to
access a shared 5TB filesystem?

I've been googling on this stuff off and on for a month now.  I've found a
bunch of conflicting and confusing information, but no clear answers.  I've
been kind of hoping that the new GFS 6.1 packages would be released while I
was waiting...  :)

I appreciate any suggestions or pointers.

Bowie