[CentOS] Does Red Hat care about kernel bugs in CentOS?

Greg Bailey

gbailey at lxpro.com
Wed Sep 14 22:59:25 UTC 2005

In the course of troubleshooting a netfilter problem, I've run into a
scenario where I can reliably generate an oops with the netfilter module(s).

I generally like perusing the bugs on Red Hat's bugzilla system because
I can usually find solutions or patches to issues I encounter there.  In
this case, I couldn't.  What do CentOS users do when they discover
bugs?  Will Red Hat consider it?  Do I file it against "Red Hat
Enterprise 3" if I'm running CentOS 3.5?  I'm concerned if things like
System.map, etc. don't match between the RHEL kernel and the CentOS kernel.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Greg