[CentOS] CentOS 4U2 timing.

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Sep 15 08:49:06 UTC 2005

Pasi Pirhonen wrote:
> I ment more like that most times ia64, s390, s390x has been ready
> before i386, but not released due the fack that 'it might confuse users

Hi Pasi,

Working together, we can basically ensure that the i386/x86_64/ia64 are
all done and released together for 4.2. There should be no problems with
that. The other slower ARCH's can come when they are ready.

If in the event that i386 is ready first, I will make sure that its held
back till x86_64 and IA64 catch up. Based on how we have been working, I
cant imagine anyone having to really wait for much time.

Ideal situation would be to have all ARCH's release together, but we
dont have either the infrastructure or the people required to achieve that.

btw, you think we will see a s390(x) for 4.2 ?

- K