[CentOS] CentOS 4U2 timing.

Thu Sep 15 12:33:53 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-14 at 22:47 -0700, Hilliard, Jay wrote:

<snip>

> Well, I appreciate the efforts of Johnny H. and if it takes a week or two,
> regardless of ARCH, so be it.  He's doing a lot.  What happens if he needs an
> extended vacation?  He *is* CentOS, you know (that's not sarcasm).

I appreciate the support ... BUT ... there are lots of people involved
in CentOS-4 ...

I do the i386 and x86_64 for C4 (Karanbir helps a lot with those
too) ... Karanbir (z00dax on IRC) does ppc for C4 ... Pasi (blahee on
IRC) does ia-64, alpha, s390, s390x for both C3 and C4 ... and Pasi is
starting working on sparc as well (and I am working on sparc too, Pasi's
machines are better).

Of course there is CentOSPlus and kbs-centos-extras ... Jim Perrin
(Evolution on IRC) is doing some stuff for us in CentOSPlus  ... as is
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams (Ignacio on IRC).

We are a team, and we all do lots of work for CentOS-4 ... and it
wouldn't be nearly as good if anyone on the team were less involved.
I / we appreciate all the effort that everyone gives to make CentOS the
best EL rebuild distro out there :)

I didn't mean to imply that any one arch is more important, just giving
out goals for the releases, based on user space considerations :)