[CentOS] Disk problem has stopped 'df' from working - UPDATE

Nigel kendrick support-lists at petdoctors.co.uk
Thu Sep 15 12:49:55 UTC 2005

Hi folks, I actually managed to find a message in an old forum somewhere
about a corrupt /etc/mtab file and how to fix it: cat /proc/mounts >
/etc/mtab, but when I tried it I was informed that the filesystem was read
only.

Further checks revealed lots of disk channel errors being logged so I guess
the hard disk may be on the way out after all. I'll be on site with a spare
tomorrow.

Nigel