[CentOS] OT: Proftpd and Iptables

Barry Brimer barry.brimer at bigfoot.com
Fri Sep 16 04:21:15 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 20:47 -0700, Ed Morrison wrote:
> Hi Peoples,
>
> I'm still beating my head with the Proftpd although I have solved my
> orininal issue.  That turned out to be an iptables issue and I'm
> beginning to wonder if iptables is playing with me again.  I have an FTP
> server that allows anonymous downloads and with specific accounts able
> to upload to the anonymous directory.  The problem is, those users
> cannot upload.  I have attached my proftpd conf file and my iptables for
> those willing to take a look and provide some feedback:
>
> Thanks for any feedback.
<snip>

What error(s) are you getting?  Do you have any (useful) messages in log
files?  If not, you might turn up the debug level, reproduce the problem
and share the information with us.  Does the gps user have write access
on the filesystem to the /var/ftp/pub directory?  Can that user touch a
file there while logged into the server via ssh?

HTH,

Barry