[CentOS] CentOS 4U2 timing.

Security security at air-austral.com
Fri Sep 16 05:01:59 UTC 2005

Johnny Hughes wrote:

>On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 16:54 +0400, Security wrote:
>

>>Johnny Hughes wrote:
>>

>>>On Wed, 2005-09-14 at 22:47 -0700, Hilliard, Jay wrote:
>>>

>>>We are a team, and we all do lots of work for CentOS-4 ... and it
>>>wouldn't be nearly as good if anyone on the team were less involved.
>>>I / we appreciate all the effort that everyone gives to make CentOS the
>>>best EL rebuild distro out there :)
>>>

>>Juste a few second, there is other good EL clones/custom build :)
>>But Centos made a really good job.
>>
>>Just a question: how many hours Centos take to you per week ?? just to
>>compare with
>>the time Gralinux take to us.
>>
>>Regards
>>
>>jean-seb
>>

>Personally I spend 30-50 hours a week doing CentOS related stuff ... but
>not just building updates (that is only maybe 15% of the time).
>
>I also maintain the mail lists, research and build items for centosplus
>and centosextras, maintain the mirrors database, manage all the CentOS
>servers (14 and counting), manage the website, answer questions on IRC
>and in the centos forums, etc.

So .. for you it's a really full time job ?
Damned .. 30 hours ..  I take what .. 2 hours per day ..  10 hours per week.
But i work on gralinux "at work" (and we use it for all linux servers we
have)
so it's easy to me to do some reseach/tests.

Anyway you and all your staff are making a really good job :)

Regards
jean-seb

for infos (ok it's bad to do that here) Gralinux is not like Centos:
it's not a clone of RH, the goal is to
have more functions build-in but we need to be a minimum "binary
compatible" with RH, so with Centos :)
And .. yum is a ... so we use apt.