[CentOS] Server Replication: CenOS, coda? lustre?

Manuel BERTRAND

manuel.bertrand at lif.univ-mrs.fr
Fri Sep 16 12:10:55 UTC 2005

Hi list,
our lab is divided in two sites and we would like to have a clone of the
mail server on the second site for redundancy only (used in case of a
lost of connectivity with the primary mail server, with the MX entries
in the DNS the clone will receive the mails instead). The problem(s)
comes with the mail partition who must be replicated and synchronized
over the time (and over the net) to the cloned mail server, so the users
can still access their mails while we deal with the primary server. My
search leads me to the coda FS (and maybe the lustre solution, but we
only use opensource soft so it may only be the one year old version -
which is open...).  Is there on the list people who are doing such
things and if you are, can you give me some clues? What I think is
something like a 'one read - multiple writes' FS who can handle the flow
of mails and securely replicates it to the clone server. Do we have no
choice but to tolerate the lost of some emails when the  primary server
stops responding? btw is it realistic?
Thanks,
Manuel