[CentOS] Are PHP and MySQL running on my CentOS installation?

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams ivazquez at ivazquez.net
Fri Sep 16 14:04:23 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 07:01 -0500, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 12:11 +0100, ABOKHALAF, Nassri Abdellatif wrote:
> > the best way to test php  is to put a phpinfo.php file in your webserver
> > document root usually in /var/www/html/.
> >
> > Do the following:
> >
> > vi /var/www/html/phpinfo.php
> >
> > insert in the first line:
> >
> > <? phpinfo(); ?>
> >

> > To test php do the following:
> >
> > httpd://localhost/phpinfo.php
> >
> > it will show you your php configuration.
>
> Also, make sure you are not running selinux

Do note that SELinux does *not* interfere with reading normal files from
the standard location of /var/www/html (including running them through
PHP). And there are options available in system-config-securitylevel for
fine-tuning how SELinux deals with httpd.

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazquez at ivazquez.net>
http://centos.ivazquez.net/