[CentOS] Are PHP and MySQL running on my CentOS installation?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Sep 17 02:28:34 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 21:11 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:

> The centos-related answers that might apply:
> yum install php php-mysql mysql mysql-server
> and disable selinux until you understand it.
----
selinux isn't that tough. There may not be many people with immediate
answers but I've been able to keep it running on now two systems without
asking a single question of the list as I really didn't want to resort
to the easy way out (disabled).

I just don't agree that it's best to advise everyone to disable it - at
least let them know that it's a security measure deemed important enough
by RedHat to install it by default and that disabling that security
measure is a form of surrender.

Craig

believed to be clean.