[CentOS] Re: Promise SATA support

Troels Arvin troels at arvin.dk
Sun Sep 18 18:38:20 UTC 2005

Hello,

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 15:28:18 +0200, Admin/Jan Erik wrote:
> I have a Promise SATA 300  TX ( NOT raid ) that do have RHEL4 driver, but
> this driver doesn't work with CentOS4

I have a Promise SATAII 150 TX4 controller which I belive is somewhat
similar to your controller. And judging from
http://www.promise.com/support/download/download2_eng.asp?productID=129&category=all&os=100
the two controllers use the same driver.

My controller wasn't supported by the first CentOS 4 (4.0) release, but
with CentOS 4.1, things work fine out of the box, with no need to try to
install special vendor drivers.

By the way: The driver (kernel module) is called "sata_promise" on my
system.

Have you tried simply forgetting about the vendor's driver files, and just
install CentOS 4.1, perhaps telling it to use the "sata_promise" driver,
if manual intervention is needed?

--
Greetings from Troels Arvin