[CentOS] Update/upgrade paths?

Dave Laird

dlaird at kharma.net
Sun Sep 18 20:13:33 UTC 2005

Good afternoon, Netizens...

I have a number of 3.3 CentOS boxes that are quite a substantial distance
from my home office. Short of physically going to those sites with a fresh
set of CD's in hand, is there a method of remotely (via secure SSH)
updating not only the files but the distribution as well, say to 4.1? Can
you do a distribution update without using CD's?

After a few weeks of experimenting with CentOS 4.1 I am really motivated
to upgrade, if for no other reason than the fresh kernel and x.org, to
name just a few.

Dave
--
Dave Laird (Dave at kharma.net)
The Used Kharma Lot / The Phoenix Project

An automatic & random fortune for the Minute:
When I was little, I went into a pet shop and they asked how big I'd get.
  -- Rodney Dangerfield