[CentOS] Update/upgrade paths?

Dave Laird dlaird at kharma.net
Mon Sep 19 04:33:13 UTC 2005

Why, good evening, Bob!!!

On Sunday 18 September 2005 4:51 pm, Robert Hanson wrote:

> Dave,
>
> Although I have had decent to good success with 3.x to 4.x upgrades myself,
> I do not recommend it in most circumstances.... and recommend backup of
> configs and data and then fresh install and reconfig and restore data etc
>
> Kind regards,

I just wanted to make certain it would even *work*, and it did. This
winter I would really *like* to avoid long trips to Republic's mines, and
if I can make this work remotely, it will save me some time spent sweating
on those icy lonesome roads. FWIW,  I was able to do two different kinds
of upgrades this afternoon, one remotely (across the room on a different
network) and one using 4.1 CD's and an existing 3.3 CentOS box.

However, it was good hearing from you. How is everything?

Dave
--
Dave Laird (Dave at kharma.net)
The Used Kharma Lot / The Phoenix Project

An automatic & random fortune for the Minute:
Paranoids are people, too; they have their own problems.  It's easy
to criticize, but if everybody hated you, you'd be paranoid too.
		-- D.J. Hicks