[CentOS] install not recognizing RHEL

Will McDonald wmcdonald at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 23:31:42 UTC 2005

On 19/09/05, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazquez at ivazquez.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 13:36 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> > On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 17:14 +0100, Will McDonald wrote:
> > >  Really you could safely just
> > > comment out everything from "if [ -f /etc/redhat-release ];" to its
> > > corresponding "fi" and just set OS_NOT_CERTIFIED="YES" in there and
> > > bypass the rest.
> > -----
> > here's the kicker, this is of course on the installation cd and I can't
> > edit and run it without copying off the entire contents of the cd (since
> > the file locations are all relative to 'install' which is of course on
> > the root level of the cd itself.
>
> cp -ls is your friend.

Or dd the whole CD to disk if he has the space available (likely
nowadays), then mount in 'rw' as a iso9660 loopback device. Replace
$user with a valid username/location.

mkdir /mnt/tmpiso/
dd if=/dev/cdrom of=/home/$user/temp.iso
mount -o loop -t iso9660 /home/$user/temp.iso /mnt/tempiso

That should be writable IIRC. If not, mess about with the mount
options until it is. Edit away and you should be fine.

Will.