[CentOS] Vsftp is not writing a log file

Will McDonald wmcdonald at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 23:49:54 UTC 2005

On 19/09/05, Todd Cary <todd at aristesoftware.com> wrote:
> No doubt I am making some stupid mistake in the log file, but I cannot
> get vsftp to create a log file showing the transfers.  Here is my conf file:
[snip]

Is it creating a log at all? What happens if you move/remove the
existing file? Is there anything created when you restart the daemon?

What permissions,attributes and SELinux context (-Z) is there on
/var/log/xferlog ? Is SELinux enabled? If you run vsftpd in the
foreground does that provide any clues? What about strace-ing the
process?

Will.