[CentOS] upgrade release to upstream to CentOS timeframes?

Robert

roberth at abbacomm.net
Tue Sep 20 16:45:26 UTC 2005

greetings

i used to use slackware years ago. i would still use it in conjunction with
CentOS etc if i had more time and extra financial resources.

thing is, years ago i used to subscribe to reminder emails from packages
like Apache httpd etc and they would tickle me when new releases or betas
were available. i still get emails from them...

anyways, the question i am wondering is... when a mainstream package like
Apache httpd is upgraded to a newer version and released by the package
maintainers, how long does it take for that to be picked up by our
"upstream" and then incorporated and pushed to CentOS availability?

thanks in advance

 - rh

--
Robert - Abba Communications