[CentOS] Recommendation for HTML editor (a better approach?)

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Sep 22 10:01:15 UTC 2005

Hi Scot and Dave,

Scot L. Harris wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 13:53, Dave Gutteridge wrote:
>
>>>Sorry if this was already suggested, but Quanta plus will do what you
>>>are asking.
>>Last time I did this, I tried to install Amarok and it seemed to install
>>KDE and make it my default desktop without me even wanting it to. I
>>tried working within KDE for a while, just to see how I liked it, and
>>decided I preferred Gnome.

I take it this was via a yum install from kde-redhat's repo ? use that
only if you intend to make KDE your default, you want the latest
release's of KDE and associated packages and you are happy to live with
the issues that brings.

>>So while Quanta looks appealing, is it really feasible to run it in
>>Gnome?

Depends on how you install it, if you go back and setup kde-redhat's
repository and get the package from there - it _will_ do the same thing
it did to you the last time.

> I have not had any problems on my systems here.  I prefer gnome as
> well.  Quanta used to be a separate package but now it is part of
> kdewebdev package.

There is no such package, kdewebdev { ref:
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/os/i386/CentOS/RPMS/ }

and no, there is no Quanta included in CentOS4

- K