[CentOS] OT: EVDO cards / service with CentOS

Barry Brimer

barry.brimer at bigfoot.com
Sat Sep 24 03:00:13 UTC 2005

Does anyone have any experience (good or bad) with using EVDO high speed
wireless broadband service under CentOS?  I am looking for high speed /
low cost internet connectivity for an office that is in an area without
DSL or Cable.  My idea was to use EVDO from either Verizon or Sprint
with a PCMCIA to PCI adapter card that I could stick into a CentOS
machine that is used as the router/firewall.  If anyone has any specific
experience with these, please let me know.

Thanks,
Barry