[CentOS] Postgres does not appear to work on CentOS 4.x

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 01:32:37 UTC 2005

On 9/24/05, Brian Watters <brwatters at abs-internet.com> wrote:
> We are unable to get CentOS 4.x Postgres to work .. It gives the following
> error when we attempt to start ..
>
> Sep 24 18:20:28 abs250 postgresql: Starting postgresql service:  failed
>

> Ideas??

You can check your log files for more detail. As wild speculation made
without any details, I'd assume selinux is enabled and blocking access
to a file. There was a problem with the selinux policy and postgresql.
I don't recall if that was fixed or not, as I don't use postgresql.

--
Jim Perrin
System Administrator - UIT