[CentOS] up2date upgrade-to-release question

Alexandru E. Ungur

alexandru at globalterrasoft.ro
Mon Sep 26 05:48:29 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I just wanted to ask if anybody did a
# up2date --upgrade-to-release=4.1
on CentOS 3.5 box?

I did it and I'm having a bit of problems. The box just dies... at intervals
between half a day and a couple of days. Initially I considered it was a hw
problem, so I had the tech support check it out, and they just switched the
box with another, and put the harddisks back on the new box... Unfortunately
the dying problem remaind so that's why I started considering that maybe
something other that hw could be the problem. So did anybody on the list do
such an upgrade, and was it all 100% ok ?

TIA,
Alex