[CentOS] MythTV on Centos 4

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Mon Sep 26 23:36:49 UTC 2005

Scot L. Harris wrote:
> I assume you are just connecting the cable straight from the wall to the
> capture card?  I find this works very well.

Yes, I'm going to use the analog service from the cable company. We also
have a digital box but I hope to get this working well enough to do away
with it.

Speaking of which, is there any such beast as a *digital* cable tuner card?

> Where it got confusing was getting the capture cards in slave backends
> working.

I believe you were going to share your gotchas in setting up the backend...

> That is exactly where I want to go with the frontend systems, fanless,
> silent, cool.  No moving parts.

<HomerVoice>Uhhhh, Fanless...</HomerVoice>

> Good luck, the mythtv project has got to be one of the most useful
> projects that have come out for a linux type system.

Thanks.