[CentOS] Is it bad for my web document folder to be user accessible?

Dave Gutteridge dave at tokyocomedy.com
Wed Sep 28 00:35:01 UTC 2005

Thank you everyone for the clear advice. I'm still working out some
details.

One thing I was wondering about. It keep all my documents and everything
I do within my /home/dave/ folder. It's nice when backing up to just be
able to copy the one folder to disc and know I've got everything.

If my local copy of my web sites is over in /var/www/html/ then that's
another place I have to remember to back up. Sure, I could do it, but I
thought there might be another approach.

What if I make an "html" folder in my /home/dave/ folder, and then alias
my /var/www/html folder to that? Would that be a bad thing? Would it be
possible?

Dave